Friday, November 2, 2012

Ladies Finger Thayir Pachadi(Bhindi Raita)


Ingredients:

Ladies Finger - 5
Curd - 1 cup
Salt to taste

For tempering:

Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Red Chilly - 1

Method:


  1. Vertically cut the ladies finger into long pieces.
  2. Add 1 or 2 tsp oil and coat the pieces with the same.
  3. Place in a microwave safe thick bottomed dish and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
  4. Take care not to burn the vegetable. Once done, it will reach a crisp and roasted state.
  5. Add the curd.
  6. Heat a tsp oil in a small kadai. Add mustard seeds and when they crackle add the red chilly (split into two) and the urad dal.
  7. Roast well and add to the curd - ladies finger mixture.
  8. Add salt to taste.


Its a really yummy raita that has a lovely flavor from the ladies finger. Btw this is purely my own experiment and did not get it from any book, website, mom or mil :)
If one does not have a microwave, deep frying the ladies finger should be fine. I have not actually tried that method.

16 comments:

  1. Will it go well with baby potatoes Jaish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohw ohw!!....ladies finger is my favorite <3
    Thanks for the dish Jaish....Will surely try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotto try this Jaish .... well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Jaish! I am love cocunut and onion pachidi. I like it so much that I don't want any other. :)
    Look forward to many more experimentations.

    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha . I love onion pachadi too but have no idea abt the coconut one ! :)

      Delete
  5. i make this one too!! but i cut it round and small and fry them crispier..i love it! goes well with bisi bele bhaath!! isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have never tried that combination . Should try some time :)

      Delete
  6. One of the ways I like to have my bhendis (the other one is fried Bhendy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. bhindi is my favourite vegetable :)


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. upu have a food blog too :) awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
      I did not know , jsut saw on indiblogger

      Bikram's

      Delete
    2. Yeah Bikram but I am partial towards my other blog and my food blog hates me for that :)

      Delete
  8. Am going to try this out.

    Geetashree

    http:panaecea.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete